Papers submitted to Jökull should report original and unpublished work which is not being considered for publication elsewhere. Each paper is reviewed by at least two independent referees. After acceptance, we request a copy of the final manuscript to be submitted via the online form introduced to the authors of accepted papers. Accepted languages are Icelandic, German and English.
All submitted papers should be in accord with the following:
- Single-spaced text, tables, and references.
- 3 cm margins from all sides.
- 12-point Times Roman typeface
- No page numbers.
- Submit your paper in low size PDF which is not locked or compressed either.
- References should be listed in alphabetical order at the end of the paper. Abbreviate the titles of periodicals mentioned in the list of references to the International Serials Catalogue published by the International Council of Scientific Unions Abstracting Board (ISBN 92-9027-004-7).
Bödvarsson, G. 1955. On the flow of ice-sheet and glaciers. Jökull 5, 1-8.
Björnsson, H. 1988. Hydrology of Ice Caps in Volcanic Regions. Soc. Sci. Islandica 45, Reykjavík, 139 pp.
Paterson, W.S.B. 1994. The Physics of Glaciers (Third Edition). Pergamon. 480pp.
Vogt, P.R., G.L. Johnson and L. Kristjánsson 1980. Morphology and magnetic anomalies north of Iceland. J. of Geophysics 47, 67-80.
Walker, G.P.L. 1974. Eruptive mechanisms in Iceland. In L. Kristjánsson, ed. Geodynamics of Iceland and the North Atlantic Area. D. Reidel, Dordrecht, 190-201.